Please note that if you are planning to stay in Turkey for more than 90 days within a 180-day period, for any reason, including tourism, you must get a Turkish Residence Permit.
International students who have overstayed their visas, residence permits, or visa exempt periods (for some countries), will be subjected to a fine or a travel ban preventing you from re-entering Turkey for a period between 3 months to 5 years.
It is highly recommended to visit the Haliç International Office to apply for residence permit. You can apply in person on campus by visiting our office.
After your registration is completed;
You can apply in person by visiting the Immigration Office website.
You can also apply in person by visiting our office on the following days and timings
Wednesday 10:00- 16:00
Or you may visit the "Visa & Residence Permit" page on our website, to follow up with the detailed guide.
Below you may find all the requirements to obtain a Student Residence Permit:
1) Current valid Residence Permit (only for renewal/transfer applications)
2) Passport photocopies (main pages + last entrance stamp)
3) Student Certificate in Turkish (can be obtained from the Haliç Automation System / e-devlet)
4) Valid Health Insurance
5) (4) biometric photographs (The photograph that will be used for the residence permit transactions must be biometric and taken according to the ICAO standards within the last six months.)
6) Receipt of the Application Form (instructions are stated in the guide below)
7) Consent Letter + Birth Certificate (Only for the applicants under 18 – Translated & Notarized)*